|Tech podcast 295 is released
||[Nov. 6th, 2018|10:18 am]
The RSS feed is here. Here are the show notes.The tech podcast, 295, is now released. |
Hello folks, welcome to podcast 295 of the Technology blog and podcast series, I'm Jared Rimer. We're packed with a wide variety of stuff. We've also got several articles that complement the podcast content for you.
- IOS 12.1 is out. blog post from the tech blog links to the apple vis post where you can read more.
- What do you get when you update a banking trojan that we've not heard from in a long time? The banking trojan is trick bot, and its packed with new features. Trickbot Shows Off New Trick: Password Grabber Module comes from Trend Micro. </a>
- 30 years ago, someone released a program to do something. It lead to what we now know as Ddos. 30 years ago, the world's first cyberattack set the stage for modern cybersecurity challenges is the article, and it was quite interesting.
- This Stuck in traffic video from last month talks about Ransomware. It is back in the news, as I saw an article from Trend Micro that says that we are on the decline, but yet, we could see an increase in Ransomware in the future. This blog post leads to the article from Trend Micro that discusses this.
- Philmore productions must love the negative press. In podcasts 212 and 213, a big time issue was talked about, and it was downplayed as not a big deal. Instead, the people who talked about the issue were trashed, and one of them was called when they talked to me non the phone. This time, I hear about a story where someone wanted to cancel service, but yet, someone else was braught up in a term the company uses called "dirty pool." This blog post is an article I pened in regards to that issue.
- SMS is short for short message service. This is how we send and receive messages via the cellular network. Its now being used for profit in an article Krebs on Security pened entitled SMS Phishing + Cardless ATM = Profit and while it isn't new, its becoming more prevelant. This is quite interesting.
The podcast lasts you 76 minutes in length. I hope you enjoy the program, and I'll see you on another edition. Thanks for listening!